Wednesday 29 August 2012

Recent Purchases

Hello, Welcome again to my new blog!
This post is a review of some products that I have recently bought.

So the first thing is a concealer. I had been using Benefit's Confessions of a concealaholic set since April and was loving both shade 1 and 2 of Boiing concealer on different areas of my face. But it was running out so I headed to the Benefit counter, however, I wanted to carry on using two shades and didn't really want to spend £33 since Boiing is £16.50. So, I looked around and found this-

Soap&Glory's Kick Ass Concealer
 which incluses 'under eye brightening concealer with 'Puffease', Superwear face concealer and sealing powder.


The sides label steps 1, 2 and 3. So after I've put my foundation on I use the under eye concealer on the right, the face concealer on the left then use the puff and translucent setting powder.


(sorry the photo was taken after I used it!)

I actually really love this product, It's hard to tell whether the setting powder does make the concealer and foundation stay on longer but it makes my skin feel soft and smooth. I'm sold on this alternative as it is much cheaper.
Boots Price: £7 

Ecotools Bamboo foundation brush

So I bought this recently and love how soft and easy to use it is, the texture is brilliant for foundation and I can't see myself using any other brushes. I would say go and feel one in the shop, I don't think you'll be disappointed!



Boots Price: £7.99

Ecotools Bamboo 6 piece brush set

At the time I bought the foundation brush I also bought a cheaper brand blusher brush and found it really harsh on my face. So I returned and bought this set which contains- Blusher brush, concealer brush, eyeshadow brush, angled eyeliner brush and lash and brow groomer.





I was not disappointed! These brushes feel so nice and work really well for their purpose. The concealer brush is a different texture like the foundation brush but all are really soft and lovely to use. I think it's definitely worth spending more money on these, and the set is a good deal.


Boots Price: £15.99

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner 

I've had this before and it does wonders for my hair. However, using it too often makes it greasy so I only use it every 2/3 weeks, hence I got the travel size. This makes my hair smell yummy and just makes it feel all soft and nourished.

Travel size price: £1.69 (I think)

St Moriz Instant self tanning mousse

So I recently broke my fake tanning virginity. Well, kind of. I've used moisturising gradual tanners before but ended up with horrible orange patches and streaks so I was scared to try the real deal. Anyway, a friend told me she uses this and thinks it's as good as the more expensive brands (St Tropez.etc.) so at £4 I thought i'd give it a go.

Verdict- Pretty good! I used it with a mitt on my legs and it applied relatively easy and smoothly, I followed the instructions on the bottle about moisturing.etc. So I'm quite impressed, it dried pretty quickly and actually doesn't look that faded after a shower, since it is only temporary. I think I may get into the habit of using this. I bought it from a factory shop and my friend says you can get it from Home Bargains.etc. There is also a lotion and spray available.


Price: £4

There we go, I hope you liked this post and look forward to more!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and feedback, thanks for reading guys xxx