Thursday 30 August 2012

Primark Nail Polish Review

I was tempted by these Primark nail varnish because I liked the look of the colours. Now, I know what you're thinking, what can be expected from £2 for four, really? Well not much. I didn't expect these to blow me away but have tried other budget varnishes like Natural Collection and been impressed so I thought I'd see whether these were up to much.

Sorry about the bad picture.


The shades don't have names or numbers but there is a pinky one, a purple one, a turquoise and a blue!

I tried them without a base coat or top coat first. They applied quite well and I liked the colours, the purpley one did lack pigment though and needed a few coats.
But the colours were pretty much all they had going for them, and the fact that they don't stain your nails. They went on shiny but dried quite matte and seemed to attract dust and show up ridges in the nails, not the glossy look you hope for.



They're not terrible but not surprisingly, you definitely get what you pay for. I did try using a top and base coat but it didn't really help.

Verdict- Not worth buying. I'll be spending more in future for a more luxury feel.

Has anybody else tried Primark nail polish?