Tuesday 31 July 2012

Cadbury chocolate cupcakes


Cadbury's chocolate cupcakes-

My trusty chocolate cupcake recipe- makes 12

4oz margarine
4oz caster sugar
2 eggs
3oz self raising flour
1oz cocoa

-mix sugar and margarine until creamy
-add each egg individually with a pinch of flour to avoid curdling
-add remaining flour and cocoa
-spoon into cake cases
-cook in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins at 180c.

My usual chocolate icing is just butter, icing sugar and cocoa but I find it's hard to get a nice colour without the icing being over cocoa-ey. So this time I used melted chocolate for a more indulgent taste.

Buttercream-

6oz Icing sugar
3oz butter
splash of milk
40g bar of Cadbury's 'Dairy Milk', melted
1 tablespoon cocoa (to colour)

-combine icing and butter
-add a splash of milk to bind
-add melted chocolate and cocoa and mix
-pipe or spoon onto cupcakes
I used white chocolate stars and edible glitter to decorate.

Simple but yummy, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and feedback, thanks for reading guys xxx